To top up a Junior SIPP, you can set up monthly direct debit contributions from as little as £25, or make lump sum contributions of £100 or more by cheque, debit card or bank transfer. To apply call our Helpdesk, send us a secure message or complete and return an application in the post.
Please note, if an existing direct debit instruction exists on the account this will automatically be replaced with any new instruction received from the same third party. Where an instruction is received from a different third party, we will seek confirmation from the registered contact before replacing the instruction.
What you need to remember
- The HL SIPP is designed for people comfortable choosing their own investments. The value of all investments can rise and fall, so although there’s the potential for growth, your child could also get back less than is invested. If you’re not sure which investments are appropriate, please ask us about financial advice. There’s no personal advice on our website.
- Once in a pension, your child’s money is not usually accessible until at least age 55 (rising to 57 from 2028). Pension and tax rules can change, and benefits will depend on individual circumstances.
- Up to £3,600 can normally be paid into a child's Junior SIPP each tax year (including tax relief received from the government). This means up to £2,880 can usually be paid into a Junior SIPP, and 20% basic-rate tax relief (£720) received.
What you need to read first
How to top up by bank transfer
First, please send a secure message through your online HL account with the following details:
- The full name and address of the child whose SIPP you’d like to make a payment to, and their HL client number if you have it.
- Your payment amount.
- Your full name and address, stating that you understand the payment is a gift and that you won’t have any further claim on the money in the future.
- If this should be treated as an employer contribution, please also confirm this in your secure message. Otherwise this payment will be treated as a personal contribution (and we will claim tax relief, which will be paid into the SIPP on top of your contribution).
Next, make your payment using the following details:
Bank Account Number: 03310401 Sort Code: 30-92-13 Account Name: HLPT LTD SIPP TRUSTEE A/C Reference: the child’s client number and surname (e.g. 123456/Jones)
If you do not have an HL account with online access please contact our Helpdesk on 0117 980 9926.
How to top up by debit card, cheque or direct debit
To make a lump sum payment or to set up a direct debit please call our top up team on 0117 980 9897 with your debit card to hand.
Alternatively you can download, print and complete the application below, then return it to our freepost address: Freepost HARGREAVES LANSDOWN.
Make sure you complete section 7 of the application form to set up a direct debit instruction. To top up by cheque, complete sections 3 or 4 (depending if you’re the registered contact).
Please enclose your signed cheque, made payable to: HL SIPP/’the child’s initials and surname’. Please also include both your and the child’s details on the back.
If you have any questions about a Junior SIPP call our Helpdesk on 0117 980 9926, we'll be happy to help.