You can top up a Junior SIPP by either calling our Helpdesk, by post or by making a bank transfer. You can top up with a lump sum from £100 or make changes to an existing direct debit instruction.
What you need to remember
- The HL SIPP is designed for people comfortable choosing their own investments. The value of all investments can rise and fall, so although there’s the potential for growth, your child could also get back less than is invested. If you’re not sure which investments are appropriate, please ask us about financial advice. There’s no personal advice on our website.
- Once in a pension, your child’s money is not usually accessible until at least age 55 (rising to 57 from 2028). Pension and tax rules can change, and benefits will depend on individual circumstances.
- Up to £3,600 can normally be paid into a child's Junior SIPP each tax year. The taxman automatically pays 20% tax relief (up to £720) so you can put in up to £2,880.
What you need to read before topping up
How to top up by bank transfer
Please email email@example.com or send a secure message through your online account with the following details:
- The full name and address of the child whose SIPP you’d like to make a payment to, and their HL client number if you have it.
- Your payment amount.
- Your full name and address, stating that you understand the payment is a gift and that you won’t have any further claim on the money in the future.
- Whether this is a personal contribution (if it is, we will claim tax relief which will be paid into the SIPP on top of your contribution).
Make your payment using the following details:
Bank Account Number: 03310401 Sort Code: 30-92-13 Account Name: HLPT LTD SIPP TRUSTEE A/C Reference: the child’s client number and surname (e.g. 123456/Jones)
How to top up by debit card
To make a lump sum payment please call 0117 980 9897.
How to top up by cheque or amend an existing direct debit payment
You’ll need to download the form below. Once completed return the form to our simple freepost address: Freepost HARGREAVES LANSDOWN.
Lump sums by cheque
Make sure you complete section 3 of the application form if you are the registered contact on the Junior SIPP, and section 4 of the form if you are not the registered contact. Please enclose your signed cheque, made payable to: HL SIPP/’the child’s initials and surname’. Please also include both your and the child’s details on the back.
Monthly direct debits from £25
We can’t currently accept new monthly direct debit instructions, but you can update an existing instruction. Make sure you complete section 7 of the application form.
If you have any questions about topping up a Junior SIPP you can call our Helpdesk on 0117 980 9926 and we'll be happy to help.
Hargreaves Lansdown PLC group companies will usually send you further information by post and/or email about our products and services. If you would prefer not to receive this, please do let us know. Your personal data will remain confidential, and will never be passed to any other company, unless required by law.
I confirm that I will be a relevant UK individual in any tax year in which personal contributions are paid.
I declare that the total contributions that I will make to the HL SIPP and any other Registered Pension Scheme where I am entitled to relief under Section 188 of the Finance Act 2004 will not exceed the higher of:
This declaration and the particulars given in this application are, to the best of my knowledge and belief, correct and complete.
If an event occurs which means that I will no longer be entitled to relief under to Section 188 of the Finance Act 2004, I will inform Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management by 5th April of the tax year in which the event occurs or 30 days after the event if later.
If I make a contribution, of which part or all is not eligible for tax relief, I will notify you separately in writing on or before the date of the contribution. I will advise Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management Ltd, in writing, within 30 days if I cease to be a United Kingdom resident.
I have not received advice from Hargreaves Lansdown regarding the merits of entering into, or the suitability of any aspect of the HL SIPP unless that aspect has been covered under a separate agreement for individual advice from a Hargreaves Lansdown Financial Adviser. If I have any doubts I will seek personal advice, in particular regarding the merits of the various pension options I may have available to me now and in the future.
I allow Hargreaves Lansdown to process my application using the information provided. This declaration and any other declaration made by me in connection with this application shall be the basis of the contract between me and Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management Ltd.
I confirm I have not registered with HM Revenue and Customs to protect pension funds built up from a potential Lifetime Allowance tax charge.
Hargreaves Lansdown Plc and its group companies will send or email you complimentary issues of our investment publications and information about new products and services. If you would prefer not to receive these, please do let us know. Your personal data will remain confidential, and will not be passed to any other organisation unless required to do so by law.