We don’t support this browser anymore.
This means our website may not look and work as you would expect. Read more about browsers and how to update them here.

How to transfer a child's pension

You can transfer a child's pension to an HL Junior Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) by completing an application form and returning it to us in the post.

What you need to remember

  • The Junior SIPP is designed for people who are happy to make their own investment decisions. If you’re not sure where or how to invest, please seek financial advice. There’s no personal advice on our website.
  • All investments can go up and down in value so the child could get back less than you put in.
  • Once money is in a pension, it usually can't be accessed until age 55 (rising to 57 from 2028, and likely to rise further). Up to 25% is usually tax free and the rest is taxed as income.
  • Pension and tax rules can change, and their benefits depend on individual circumstances.
  • Before transferring, please ensure your child won't lose any valuable guarantees or benefits. You should also check for any excessive exit fees.

What you need to read first

By transferring to an HL Junior SIPP, you agree to our terms, so make sure you’ve carefully read and understood the following:

Please contact us if you have any queries on any of the above documents.

Download a Junior SIPP transfer form

Simply download and complete the transfer form below. Once completed all you need to do is return the form to our freepost address: ‘FREEPOST HARGREAVES LANSDOWN’. Please be aware that freepost can occasionally take longer than regular post.